- Ensure that each employee supervised has received an initial orientation before beginning work and that the orientation is documented.
- Ensure that each employee supervised is competent and receives training before starting work on how to safely operate specific equipment and safely do potentially hazardous tasks.
- Ensure that each employee has been issued required personal protective equipment (PPE) before starting work on a project requiring PPE.
- Conduct a periodic safety check walk around of the work areas and promptly take corrective action for any hazards discovered.
- Periodically observe work performance of employees supervised for compliance with safety rules. Provide training and take corrective action as necessary. Document employee evaluations.
- Set a good example for employees by following established safety rules and attending required training.
- Complete a preliminary investigation of all accidents and report findings to your restaurants human resources office and restaurant management.
- Provide information to all restaurant staff, including supervisors and crew members to solicit advice and suggest changes to work practices or equipment that will improve employee safety.
- Follow established safety rules, work procedures and training you receive.
- Report unsafe conditions, concerns or incidents to your supervisor as soon as you become aware of them.
- Report all injuries to your supervisor promptly regardless of the severity of injury.
- Report all-near-miss accidents to your supervisor promptly.
- Always use any required personal protective equipment (PPE) and clothing.
- Do not remove or defeat any safety device or safeguard provided for employee protection.
- Encourage co-workers by your words and behavior to use safe work practices on the job.
- Make suggestions to your supervisor, safety committee representative or management about changes to work practices or equipment that you believe will improve employee safety.